JAP gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JAP gamecube

Hi! I am planning on buying a jap gamecube, but the ones I have seen are those without the digital output. My question is: how to connect such version to an european (belgian) television? Can I use the normal scartcable that's included in the package? Or will it display it black / white? Help me plz! Greetings.

PS I think my tv suppports 60hz as I have an european RGB cable that works on 60 hz

i dont think the new import cubes have the analogue out socket as the japan cubes dont work with an ordinary rgb cable.

the rgb cable for old import cubes uses a modified component cable and uses the other socket for the v-sync etc

it will most likely display in black n white as the lead thats included is just yellow/red/white composite lead

Comment

ntsc cubes lack rgb out natively; the best signal you'll get out of one without a digital port is s-video.

you need to check what your telly will support; if it can't display ntsc video, you'll never get a colour display with an ntsc cube without a digital port.

the 'normal' cable included is composite video which should work on any 60hz / ntsc capable tv, but you're much better off with s-video if your telly accepts it.

play-asia still have some korean spice cube bundles with a digital-out... not cheap though!

Comment

S-video really isnt that much better than composite anyway so id just hunt down an older model if you can. I have a spice cube and it is very lovely. Worth the outlay.

Comment

Thnx for the answers.

So if I understand it right; if I am able to play PAL games in 60hz mode, my television is certainly 60hz / ntsc compatible?

If not, anyone who knows an online store, besides play-asia, where they still sell cubes with digital out?

Comment

Originally posted by URL
            So if I understand it right; if I am able to play PAL games in 60hz mode, my television is certainly 60hz / ntsc compatible?
            No. It just means it supports 60Hz. When you invoke this mode, your TV is outputing in PAL 60 mode instead.

Only way to test would be connect an NTSC origin device to your TV, or try a US/Japanese DVD in a multi region DVD player on it (both using either composite or S-video connection).
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by URL
              Thnx for the answers.

If not, anyone who knows an online store, besides play-asia, where they still sell cubes with digital out?
              Japanese Gamecubes and switched US ones turn up fairly often in the trading forum.

Comment

Thnx.
                Do you think the korean version (the one on play-asia) of the gamecube is as good as the japanese version? I'd prefer a japanese one...

Comment

Korean gc would be NTSC-J just same as JPN one...
                  Asian consoles are generally NTSC-J which run JPN titles natively...

maybe it's the packaging that's in Korean otherwise it'd be the same cube as JPN - not sure whether it's in Korean on the menu though... ?

Comment

Originally posted by revisedgenocide
                    S-video really isnt that much better than composite anyway so id just hunt down an older model if you can. I have a spice cube and it is very lovely. Worth the outlay.
                    On many devices this is the case, but on the cube the svid output is very good. If composite were 2/10, then svid would be 7/10 and RGB/component would be 10/10.

Comment

Another question: is it possible to connect a jap cube (without digital out) to a tv with a RFswitch / RF modulator?

And another one: Is it possible to 'switch' a korean cube to a JAP / US cube? In other words: is the korean identically the same as the japanese or not?

thanx !

Comment

You can connect it via RF, but the TV would require a NTSC compatible tuner (which not many european tvs have) and the picture would be so blurry it would make most people on this forum vomit :P

Comment

Originally posted by URL
                          In other words: is the korean identically the same as the japanese or not?

thanx !
                          as it's the case with PS2, and Xbox I'd say Korean GC is identical to JPN GC...

Comment

i think you could use an n64 rf adaptor with the cube; don't ask me where you'd find one though.

if you do manage to hook it up via rf & you find it viewable, do yourself a favour and get an eye test... stat!

Comment

Korean is the best version to get IMO as it comes with a 240 PSU. Identical to the Jpn one so switchable aswell.

click

Comment

Working...
                              X