where can i get hold of promo games ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can i get hold of promo games ?

the student paper, i currently write for, are considering setting up a reviews sections, and since the writers are mostly xbox fanboys, we have stuck to doing xbox review / previews.

now i was wondering how easy it would be getting in contact with a distribution firm and getting hold of a promo or two every fortnight to review ? we would buy them at retail, but the budget is only ?50 per issue and thats not including other expenses.

if anyone can help me out that would be great, pm any contact details or other relevent info as they could end up in the wrong hands.

cheers

Road Kill

unless you are from gaming review mag or somethin don't think they will bother...
    but then you'll never know till you try...

Comment

thats why i am asking for info, on getting in contact....

Comment

Alot of gaming sites (like here) mainly get their review games from play-asia, no free promo copies in the post.

Suggest you just look up some developers/ publisher/ distributors contact details on www.yell.com and go from there.

Comment

missus' friend works for the Korean company that did King Under Fire and its xbox port... still no freebie for me.

Comment

Retailers get a lot of promos. Ask some shops if they want to give any away (for a mention in your mag)

Comment

The student paper that I wrote for used to get music and video game promos through (albeit slowly sometimes). I wasn't really involved in actually getting hold of them but I know that it should be possible to do so.

Have you tried contacting MS directly about this?

Comment

Why not abuse GAMEs 10 day return promotion... that way you buy a game at full price, play it, review it, take it back then swap for another game free of charge... 2 titles to review for the price of one This way your budget for games will be halfed not the suggestion you were hoping for but its one way to go... all the best!!

Comment

Ha, thats what i used to do when i wrote for a DC website. We did get some promo copies, but it was usually better to just get the games yourself and use the return policy.

Comment

Better yet (and more obviously) just buy the copy from GAME play it for 10 days to get your review material then take it back for refund... "Sorry mate, but this game is ****e and I want my cash back" dent in the budget.... zero!! Problem solved!!

Comment

i understand the game idea, but after a while they refused to honour me the offer, as they thought i was copying the titles.

Comment

Jesus, get some one else to go in for you then, but thats prob the cheapest way to do it without acquiring promo copies. Use different stores, rotate who actually goes in to the store.

Can picture you standing outside the store like a wee guy outside an off license... "Gonna get us a copy of Halo2 mate??" hehehe!!

Comment

Gamestation do the same deal but you only get 7 days instead of 10

Comment

Working...
                          X