Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Explorer not launching correctly with shortcut

Hi there,

I am having some trouble with my Inter explorer launcher. The icon on teh desktop is not working correctly. When I open it it shows the timer as if the app is launching but no window appears. What is happening is the program is being started but not displayed for me to do anything with. I know this because when I shutdown the machine there is several Internet Explorere apps still running that need to be shut down... these are the ones that I opnened but cant see or use.

If I launch IE through the link in the Program files via windows explorer it works fine but the shortcut gives the above problem. This really becoming a pain the arse and any advice you boys have would be greatly appreciated.

The easiest way without actually fixing it would be to delete the desktop shortcut, then right-click and drag the icon from windows explorer onto the desktop, and choose 'create shortcut here' from the menu that pops up.

Comment

Delete the desktop shortcut.

Right click on the desktop - Properties - Desktop - Customize Desktop - Click the tick box for Internet Explorer in the desktop items section - Click Apply.

Best to use Firiefox though imo.

Comment

Cheers boys. A refreshed shortcut taken from the Program files directory is working fne now. Hope it holds up

Many Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
        X