Pal Gamecube RGB Lead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pal Gamecube RGB Lead

Quick question - is it possible to pick up one of these that does a proper RGB pic for a reasonable price (ie third party one for a few quid on Ebay), or does it have to be the official Nintendo jobbie?

Just got RE4 and shocked to find i dont have an RBG lead for the Cube!
    Last edited by Marmite; 09-05-2005, 13:16.

I'm using a 'GAME' branded RGB cable and I can confirm that it does output in high quality RGB.

At under a tenner you can't go wrong. I too bought it to experience RE4 and it made a fairly big difference (much sharper and better colour definition).

Comment

Ah cool, cheers. Might check that out. Anybody bought any of the real cheap ones on Ebay though?

Comment

I bought 2 or 3 GC rgb (allegedly) scart leads ebay in the past and the picture quality was very poor. Ended up buying an official one (after having spent just about the same amount on cheapo leads).

If you can pick up a 2nd hand official lead on ebay or Amazon I'd recommend buying one.

Edit : I haven't tried one of the Game ones though.

Comment

If in doubt, buy the official one, but if the Game one is proper, then that could be good too.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I've seen the official Nintendo ones knocking around new for less than a tenner, particularly at Blockbuster etc (if they're still stocking GC stuff now - it's been a while since I've been in).

Comment

Think i will pop into game on Oxford Street after work and see what they have. Its tricky now as most shops dont have much GC stuff, if any. And all the online retailers seem to sell the official one at full whack (20 quid).

Comment

I have this http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...065144-6390834

Full RGB Scart, with AV block half way down too, and gold connectors. Not bad for 1.20.

Comment

Working...
                X