Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC VGA Box from playasia

anyone got one of these:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-t-70-2a.html ?

I'll be using it on a 42" plasma so if its even slightly dodgy it'll annoy the hell out of me, anyone know what its like?

It has fairly cheap build quality, and the components on the inside of the board look almost as if they're glued together. I planned to use it for S-Video output, and the S-Video cable wouldn't even stay in the jack.

I have heard of people using it for VGA output and having no problems, but when I tried to use it with my Key Digital KTVTCA3 (VGA to Component Video converter) I got a rippling, pink, interlaced signal. So it was useless to me - it all does seem a bit dodgy.

My advice is to go on eBay and look for the Blaze box. I'm assuming your Plasma will have native VGA input so if you're really desperate, it might just do the job for you.

Comment

cool, thanks for the advice, I think i'll look on the buy+sell forums here for an official one or something in that case.

Comment

funny, i've had no problems at all with this beaut. ony gripe is lack of pass through that the blaze model has. for a tenner you cant go wrong and just you wait for the picture this baby produces. awesome. some games feel like completely new ones and you'll just want to sit their admiring them in their true glory. i picked up 2 last year as i'm planning to set up a virtual on "station". got the two dc's, link up cable, monitors, vga boxes and 1 pair of twinsticks so i only need one more!

Comment

I have this one

bought cheap from a guy on here, cannot fault VGA output whatsoever, looks very similar to the PA one linked earlier

Comment

may as well ask when on the subject, when played through a tv, is vga actually that much better than RGB? ive got a 28' phillips widescreen, and the rgb looks brill. will the Vga look much better (it has a vga-in on the back by the way, im not daft

Comment

the vga signal is progressive so technicly it has twice the vertical resolution (sort of) it should look quite a lot better.

Comment

Working...
              X