VGA box for progressive scan related questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VGA box for progressive scan related questions

I've come across this VGA box with component inputs which is supposed to output progressive scan on VGA monitors. However, does this mean that ONLY those games which support progressive scan will be displayed? This will be a huge problem with most PS2 games if this is the case.

If it is the case, are there any VGA boxes available which will do both prog. scan and non prog. scan games?

Finally, what kind of monitor is best for this type of thing? LCD, CRT, TFT - I'm very much a newb in this field and I want the best picture quality basically.

Thanks!

Saw this in one of the comments:

"Does what it says. Works on older model PS2. Used with GT4, looks great but the menus in game are not in progressive scan. Screen will go blank when in menu. Had to switch back and forth from TV and monitor to navigate menus. Not worth the hassle."

Comment

I saw that too, but was wondering if GT4 is an isolated case because it switches between 480p and 1080i between menues and in game. Both of which are prog. scan, which makes that comment weird (unless I'm wrong).

I have another question as well. Is a prog. scan TV just as good as a monitor in terms of visual quality in high-def or does a monitor still produce a crisper image?

Comment

Nevermind guys. I figured out the solution to my problems is an LCD display, which is both high-def monitor and TV. Doh! Feel free to lock this.

Comment

Working...
        X