New TV connection help and yes i've read the NTSC article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New TV connection help and yes i've read the NTSC article

Now me new JVC is a nice TV but the buggers have only included 1 RGB scart. The other 2 scarts are S-VHS. There is a S-VHS/RCA connector round the front of the telly though. Now what I want to know is the best way to connect all my goodies and get RGB from them all. Firstly will I notice a difference in quality if I use the S-VHS scarts for gaming/DVD(why cant TV companies included 3 RGB scart ay!)

I have

GC with FL for Zelda/Metroid/Animal Crossing

X-box with Advanced Scart which I also use for all my R2 DVD's

Sky Digital I was considering using the RF for this(I know I shouldnt swear)

DVD only used for R1 again I use RGB for this. No S-VHS output on DVD

Its a nightmare and the only solution was to get a Scart Box and connect them all to the RGB scart socket. Reticent as Image bleed seems to occur when I have used these in the past Maybe a new S-VHS lead for the X-box then a S-VHS to Scart converter? Any advice or help would be really really appreciated.

You could do what I do with that little lot. I can tell the difference between SVideo and RGB easily, particularly with console stuff, so while that is TV-dependant, and you may not do you might want to go all-scart.

Step 1 - buy one of the infamous ?10 Argos scart splitters.

Step 2 - plug Cube, XBox and DVD into the three inputs,

Step 3 - plug the output into Scart 2 of the Sky digibox.

Step 4 - run from Scart 1 of the digibox to the RGB Scart on the TV.

That way you get RGB everything, and Sky can be watched without having to get up off your arse and press the switch every time you want to watch it. The digibox even switches itself off when the passthrough wakes up automatically, which is convenient.

For those playing at home, my PS2 then lives on the SVideo in, as that doesn't get used as much, and the Post Office lost my PS2 RGB lead anyway.

edit - oh, and as you're worried, I get no bleeding at all. Just a ?50 Scart lead bill once I've made all three good enough to get the best out of my DVD player.

Comment

But I bought one of those and took it back cos the image bleed was terrible. Does this still occur then? Its only a ?10 though so I may just go for it

Comment

Apparently its meant to have minimal colour bleed, maybe you had a bad switcher? Get another one and try, they come highly recommended.

Comment

Never buy a SCART splitter. Even good ones degrade the image.

Buy a SCART switch box. I bought a nice 3 input one from Maplin, which is fully RGB wired, very solidly contructed and does not seem to degrade the image at all. I tried to put a link from their web site, but couldn't find the model I have.

Comment

What If I put the Xbox scart into the Sky box then that into the RGB scart then at least my main DVD player/xbox is RGB, would that work? Then get a switcher for Cube and DVD at a later date?? Not planning any Cube purchases till Autumn now so it wont be getting as much use.

Comment

Working...
            X