Upgrading My TV Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading My TV Help

This is an old chestnut of a question but some of the stats and stuff in past threads go right over my head. I'm planning on getting rid of my old 14 inch portable and upgrading. I'm not after a super TV or anything as a few years more and I'll be HDTVing it for my own house but for now I'm looking at something that's 26-32 inch Widescreen with 1080i Progressive Scan and was wondering what's good and cheap that I should be aiming to save for?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

There is no such thing as 1080i progressive scan , it is an interlaced signal, you will only find a 26 - 32 inch tv with 480p at best im afraid.

Comment

I'm thinking the same thing, what with the new consoles. Need to start educating myself for when the time comes to splash out... 1080p > 1080i?

Edit: there's a thread about this around here somewhere... or maybe it's that feature...

Comment

Right: http://www.ntsc-uk.com/tech.php?tech=TVGuide

Possibly out of date now but I guess it points me in the right direction...

Comment

Ah, okay. So how much would I be looking at for a 480p Widescreen?

Comment

For a Toshiba 32ZP38 - ?700 (less if you're willing to go for graded). 32" flat-tube widescreen with nice Picture Frame stylings (i.e. reduced cabinet size). Comes with built-in DD5.1 processor, super woofer and speaker package.

Decent tv, will do NTSC (480p) and PAL progressive.

Comment

Ok, after a quick google around it seems that 1080p is only just being made and will probably cost ?xx,xxx. So the PS3 claiming to support 1080p isn't really something I need to pay attention to. .
              But it does mean that 720p will come down in price... ?700 for 32 inches of LCD by Christmas? So the 480p TVs would come down in price too.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                For a Toshiba 32ZP38 - ?700 (less if you're willing to go for graded). 32" flat-tube widescreen with nice Picture Frame stylings (i.e. reduced cabinet size). Comes with built-in DD5.1 processor, super woofer and speaker package.

Decent tv, will do NTSC (480p) and PAL progressive.
                Thanks! that's around what I was looking at paying so i'll keep an eye out for it.

Comment

32" LCD tv for ?750ish.

http://www.misco.co.uk/productinform...~WW~/index.htm

Bargain.

Comment

Working...
                  X