swap magic 3.6 with cd's (problem!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swap magic 3.6 with cd's (problem!)

hi. i've got a pstwo and swap magic 3.6.

The dvd version is fine, but whenever i boot a cd based game with it, certain times when the disc is loading to the next level or back to the menu screen etc..., the lazer makes a terrible sound, like its gonna blow up any second!.

i'm not even using my cd games with it now, untill the problem is sorted, it really is a nasty sound!

any knowledge would be much appreciated!

The pstwo is a bit funny with CDR's. I've found any verbatim CDR burnt at half the max speed (ie 24x for a 48x disc) is better for mine.

The slower u can burn the better!

Comment

Originally posted by jeimuzu_uk
      The pstwo is a bit funny with CDR's. I've found any verbatim CDR burnt at half the max speed (ie 24x for a 48x disc) is better for mine.

The slower u can burn the better!
      thanks for the advice, but im actually using original ps2 discs.

Comment

Jeez, I'm outta ideas then buddy.

CD based games are a LOT noisier than dvd based games, even more so in the slimline ps2.

Do u mean the sound as if it's gonna take off?

Comment

the lazer sounds like its jammed and it cutting back and forth, thats the only way i can describe it!

its a loud clicking noise!

Comment

If I recall correctly Swap Magic 3.6 is actually two discs - one for booting DVDs and another for booting CDs. Did you get two discs in your package and are you using the CD one to boot your CD games?

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
              If I recall correctly Swap Magic 3.6 is actually two discs - one for booting DVDs and another for booting CDs. Did you get two discs in your package and are you using the CD one to boot your CD games?
              yeah, im not silly!

Comment

What game is it thats making the noise mate? If i've got it I can test it on my usa pstwo with swapmagic 3.6

Comment

Originally posted by jeimuzu_uk
                  What game is it thats making the noise mate? If i've got it I can test it on my usa pstwo with swapmagic 3.6
                  thats very kind!.

drummania
                  outrun segaages
                  marvel vs capcom 2

incase you havnt got any of them, i can also try my copy of ico (havnt opened it yet though)

butch.
                  Last edited by butchcvc; 20-05-2005, 15:04.

Comment

Working...
                  X