[HELP] PS2 Memory Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[HELP] PS2 Memory Card

Hi, I 've a PS2 original Sony MC with a problem. PS2 browser says it contains no data, but there are only 800K of free memory (and the other 7200?).
    This happens after trying to copy a save from MaxDrive with AR v.3
    So, here is the question: There's a way to format PS2 Memory Cards (like for Dreamcast ones) ???

There's no way to format them. If it's full of data and none of it is showing up in the memory card manager screen, then it sounds like it's corrupt.

Had one myself that ended up like that.

Comment

I've seen apps which are for formatting cards, but you would need some way of running it (chipped ps2 etc).

Pete

Comment

My copy of Max Drive has a card formatting option, so I presume there might be one available in AR. It worked for me after I had corrupted data (caused by Max Drive in the first place ).

I have another card that is totally dead. It stopped working while I was using Max Drive (again), and now isn't even recognised by the PS2. It was a nice official Sony Winning Eleven one too .

Comment

Originally posted by Abhisara
          My copy of Max Drive has a card formatting option, so I presume there might be one available in AR.
          I'me unable to find it. It seems quite strange that there isn't one on MaxDrive included in AR... I'll look better...

Comment

On my version of Max Drive, when you are on the memory card selection screen, a scrolling message appears at the bottom saying "Press Square to format".

Comment

Originally posted by Abhisara
              On my version of Max Drive, when you are on the memory card selection screen, a scrolling message appears at the bottom saying "Press Square to format".
              It worked! Thanks mate!

Comment

Working...
              X