Panasonic Q questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Q questions

I`m thinking of getting a panasonic Q - have been for a while but ?140 has made my mind up for me.

ok three questions
    - will it work with my modded rgb lead i use for my normal ntsc cube. if not why and can it be made to?

- how do you go about modding it for other regions other than japan?

- does it like freeloader?

thx in advance

No it won't work with the modded RGB lead you use for your NTSC cube.

It likes freeloader.

Comment

good about freeloader, so how do I go about getting an rgb picture out of this beast?

Comment

It will work with your modded RGB cable - (if it's been made out of a D-Terminal Cable and AV cable rather than a Component cable)

If it's made out of a D-Terminal cable you can tell; the Digital Cable will be a single thick cable opposed to the Component cable which splits into 3 at the SCART end).

You'll need to replace the AV cable part of it, instead of a Nintendo AV port - the Panasonic Q has standard phono sockets so you need to replace the AV port part of the cable with a standard 3 phono. If you really wanted to be budget you could just cut off the AV port of your cable and splice phono connectors onto it - but it's much better to just solder a whole new AV cable into the SCART socket (a standard 3 phono cable from Maplin etc is fine)

The cables for the Cube and Q are identical - I just used to solder on the AV cable part one way round or the other depending on what people ordered.

Comment

I have a RGB-cable, but it works for games only. The best you can do for movies is a S-video-cable.

MoFo2

Comment

Thanks Saurian all the info I needed, iron warming up now.

Comment

Working...
            X