How to format a GC PAL memory card for Japnese Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to format a GC PAL memory card for Japnese Games

Can anyone help. I have recently got a freeloader and Winning Eleven 6(JAP) on GC. I was wondering if anybody could help me on how to format the memory card for the Japanese region.

I think that when you save the game for the first time, it will say that it needs to be formatted. It will then ask if you would like to format it. Choose 'Yes' and you should be able to save then...

Comment

Originally posted by nips
      I think that when you save the game for the first time, it will say that it needs to be formatted. It will then ask if you would like to format it. Choose 'Yes' and you should be able to save then...
      I concur.

Comment

Winning Eleven 6 didn't tell me that. Mayb i should try another game but that's all i have at the moment

Comment

Ok, When you boot up your GC, go to the menu screen. Delete all the saves on your PAL memory card. Then play WE6 and try to save. Maybe because you had other saves on there it didn't want to format...

Bear in mind, because it is a japanese game the format question will be in japanese.

My suggestion: Go you save, then press 'A' repeatedly!

Comment

ok thanx nips i will try
            don't think it will work though

Comment

The easiest way to do it is boot up in Jap mode with no game in, make sure the mem card is in slot 1.
              You will get an error message (in jap) whic basically means that the card needs to be formated. Push right on this menu.
              Now load up WE6 and one of the 1st thing WE will do is ask you to save. Push right. If you have done it right you will see a message saying how much space is being taken along with a little bar that fills up as you save. This means that yoou have saved the game.
              As for the rest of the options in WE6, take a look at PS2 Pro Evo 2 if possible. Nearly all menus are the same. If you don't have access than look at www.gamefaqs.com for an excellent translation.
              Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X