Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wouldn't dual-layer games work with Swap Magic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why wouldn't dual-layer games work with Swap Magic?

Out of interest, really? Is a chipped console the only way to play God of War? Or will a future version of swap magic correct the problem?

Its because of the size of the TOC. Swap magic is only 4.35gb in size, dualk layer games are larger than that.

There is a way to play GOW using swap magic though, but it means ripping your original copy down to dvd5.

Comment

Is there any way to identify which games fall into this category (i.e. are on dual layer media) before you buy them please. Particularly interested in the Densya games.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pauln
        Is there any way to identify which games fall into this category (i.e. are on dual layer media) before you buy them please. Particularly interested in the Densya games.

Thanks

Paul
        do you mean the densha de go games?

i might beable to help out as i have quite a few of them and swap magic / pstwo.

Comment

This website is for sale! ps2hd.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ps2hd.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Do a search on all, and then look for any games on DVD9.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by butchcvc
            do you mean the densha de go games?

i might beable to help out as i have quite a few of them and swap magic / pstwo.
            Yes, that's the ones. I have just bought (maybe should have checked first but they were cheap!) Densha Professional 2 and Densha Ryojou. Previously I played the PS1 versions on a PC via PSXEMU.

My other problem is that i have the new silver slimline PS2 - when I went to buy a copy of SwapMagic and the tool - the web site I checked and phoned (theconsoleshop) said the tool wasn't compatible with the silver slimline - apparently some changes to the hinge arrangement (so may have to wait for some clever people to come up with a later version). In the meantime any advice welcome.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Well, tools compatible with the newer slimlines have been avaliable for a while, but you may as well get this, since it's the newest http://www.swapset.com/swaptoolpro.html

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                Well, tools compatible with the newer slimlines have been avaliable for a while, but you may as well get this, since it's the newest http://www.swapset.com/swaptoolpro.html
                Hi, Thanks. Don't wish to sound like a doubting thomas but does this definitely work with the new PS2 released last week - the guy from the consoleshop was sure that there was a change to the design of the hinge (or sensor or something) from the older slimlines that meant existing devices like this didnt fit and would need to be changed. Assuming it does fit any idea if I could pick up one of these in the UK ($8 post for a bit of plastic seems a bit much !). Thanks for your patience in answering the questions. I don't know much about PS2s (obviously!); previously more of a PC person.

Paul

Comment

Yes, that's the ones. I have just bought (maybe should have checked first but they were cheap!) Densha Professional 2 and Densha Ryojou. Previously I played the PS1 versions on a PC via PSXEMU.

My other problem is that i have the new silver slimline PS2 - when I went to buy a copy of SwapMagic and the tool - the web site I checked and phoned (theconsoleshop) said the tool wasn't compatible with the silver slimline - apparently some changes to the hinge arrangement (so may have to wait for some clever people to come up with a later version). In the meantime any advice welcome.

Thanks

Paul
                  sorry, i have the black pstwo.

i also have ryojou and densha final.

yes-asia have just recieved the rare type2 controller for the densha series in stock for ?55 (including shipping and customs fees!)

i bought 1 myself and its recently been shipped!

check out the train simulator real series for the ps2, you'll be shocked by how good it is, if you like densha series!

good luck with the swap magic situation, and if you ever wanna talk about anything densha related, get in touch!

Comment

Originally posted by butchcvc

good luck with the swap magic situation, and if you ever wanna talk about anything densha related, get in touch!
                    Thanks - will do. I just picked up the earlier Densha controller off ebay for ?10 (plus ?15 for post from HK) so I am now hoping for a solution that will help me use swap magic asap !

How far have you got with deciphering all the manuals and stuff - I had a Japanese speaking friend do Densha 1 for PS1 but I'm not in touch with them anymore so I can't get more translations

Paul

Comment

i cant find any translations of any of them online!

can anyone help?

i dont know if you know, but the earlier densha controllers wont work with the ps2 games as they use the right analog stick for the trains breaks! (which the ps1 controllers dont have).

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF
                        There is a way to play GOW using swap magic though, but it means ripping your original copy down to dvd5.
                        How exactly could I do that?

Comment

Working...
                        X