Macmame question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macmame question

I just downloadd Mac Mame 0.96u1and can't see where the Roms are supposed to go.

There's just the start up icon and some documentation.

Anyway I've reverted back to 0.66 but it doesn't support a hell of a lot.

Help please!

No one has the latest mac mame??

Or is this question just really, really dumb?

Comment

i did have a look to see which version i had yesterday, but i must be way behind the times.
      still on 0.77 i think

have you tried just sticking all your old roms/battery folders etc in with the new app?

Comment

try just dragging the new MAME app into your old mame folder (rename the old one first) and then launch it, it'll use all the ROMS folders and stuff. I have about 4 versions of the MacMAME app in my MAME folder.

hope this helps

Comment

New versions of MacMAME keep everything in your Home folder. Not sure what the reason for it is.

~Documents/MacMAME/ROMS/

Comment

You don't really want to move the Roms folder from your Documents. It dosen't like it. If you have a quick read of the "read me" & "read me 1st" it tells you everything you need to know.

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Of course, if you want your roms to be shared between all the users of the computer, you can just store them in a world-readable folder, then make an alias to it, rename it "ROMs" and move it (the alias) to the ~/Documents/MacMAME folder. Works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                X