Best Arcades in Glasgow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Arcades in Glasgow?

Well now that my exams are over i'm free to play games all day long! But after reading the thread on arcades and Outrun 2 Special Tours i once again yearn for some arcade gaming!

But where are the best arcades? Selection and price? I take it its still ?1 per game?
    I wouldn't mind getting some semi-old school action, F355 (even tho i have it on my DC), Scud Race and Daytona.

;

;

;

Comment

dont think theres any arcades left in glasgow tbh

only place youll find decent games is hollywood bowl at the showcase and amf in the town (HOD III w/ shotguns)

what exams were u doin? SD, Highers?

Comment

Ermm

Strathclyde park tbh, thats it .

Comment

Booths on Union Street normally have a decent selection, not been in a while but they had F355 last time I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymadone
            dont think theres any arcades left in glasgow tbh

only place youll find decent games is hollywood bowl at the showcase and amf in the town (HOD III w/ shotguns)

what exams were u doin? SD, Highers?
            They were my finals at uni, sooooo glas they are over!!
            But wot is amf?

Theres not many place are there? Might nip into Booths next time i'm in town, thanks guys.

Comment

Booths in union st only had Initial d and dance dance fever machine, just 2 arcades to 1000 puggies!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecowboy
                They were my finals at uni, sooooo glas they are over!!
                But wot is amf?

Theres not many place are there? Might nip into Booths next time i'm in town, thanks guys.
                AMF the bowling, near the skypark.

and What's Booths?

Comment

Booths is an aracde in Union st, just a bit up from central station

Comment

Booths is dead, there's nothing in there now, they got Tekken 5 & Derby Owners Club in not so long ago but that didn't bring enough punters back in after everyone got bored to death with the already limited selection of games(i.e. Initial D Stage 2,Time Crisis 3 & Dancing Stage 2).

It's my guess that the guy who runs it (Paul Booth I believe) is one of the many clueless arcade owners across the UK who know **** all about what games to bring in to make a successful arcade, he got rid of all the beat em ups like Street Fighter 3,Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter & Virtua Fighter 4 and brought in ****e like Beachhead 2000 & some ****ty scootex game that noone ever played. On the plus side though I had top time on Akina Downhill on the Initial D machine before it got ditched for more fantastic fruit machines.

If you wanna play Outrun 2 the bowling alley at the Showcase cinema in Coatbridge had a 4 player Outrun 2 setup last time I was there, and they also had the single cab Ferrari F355 with the DC tracks & Virtua Cop 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X