Recognising an RGB moddable US N64?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recognising an RGB moddable US N64?

I'm tired of my composite only slow as hell PAL N64.

I'd like to get an US machine and mod it to support RGB. The problem is of course finding a machine that can be modded. I'm looking to buy one from eBay and can't really ask sellers to open their machines. Certain serial number range would be the best way to recognise one but I guess there isn't a rule since I couldn't find it with search. Or is there?

Is there any other way to recognise one or at least narrow the chances of getting an unmoddable machine? For example are only the black machines moddable? Or is there a certain age of the machine that I should ask from the seller? Any other ideas?

Also, can the internals of an N64 changed to a case of another normal N64 regardless of region or motherboard revision? If there is no good way to recognise a moddable machine I could buy several cheap N64's that aren't in good condition and when I find a moddable one I could move the internals to a PAL machine that is in good condition. Any problems with that?

Thanks!

They are all the same case. No idea how to know if they are moddable without opening it first (http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...light=moddable) although some people might have worked out s/n ranges by now. Anyone?

Comment

have a look at this thread...

Comment

Working...
      X