Modded xbox - serious problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modded xbox - serious problems!

right well i've had a modded xbox for as long as i can remember, i last chip i put in it was the xecuter 2.6, it has a 120GB hard drive and a phillips DVD drive.

so anyway, the DVD drive has been playing up recently so i bought a dvd cleaning disc but that did not help.

anyway i woke up this morning and fired up the xbox for some soul calibur, but no such luck! the green light was flashing and there was no video, and the dvd drive was making a funny sound, so i disconnected the dvd driver(becasue the mod chip bios allows it to run without a dvd drive) so anyway, that stopped the green light from flashing but there is still no video, and i have tried 3 different scart cables i have here so i can rule out a problem with the cable, what do you guys think??

Probably the MCPX media processor chip. Sometimes they burn out, especially if it's old (1.0, 1.1) and had a lot of use. Your Xbox is shagged chap. Sorry. Best remove the chip and HDD and take a trip to town/ebay. And see if you can get one with a nice Samsung DVD this time....

Comment

Originally posted by m0nk3y
      Probably the MCPX media processor chip. Sometimes they burn out, especially if it's old (1.0, 1.1) and had a lot of use. Your Xbox is shagged chap. Sorry. Best remove the chip and HDD and take a trip to town/ebay. And see if you can get one with a nice Samsung DVD this time....
      Oh well i think i will just try and get hold of another motherboard then oh well

Comment

Working...
      X