Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offical Sony PS2 Scart Cable - where?

Any ideas?

I know amazon are selling it for ?32. But I'm sure there must be somewhere cheaper, even on the high street. The product seems to be quite a rare sight though.

Any help appriciated. Thanks.

Does it really, really have to be the official Sony one?

Because the Blaze one (?7.99 from Gameplay) is apparently as good, and I'd imagine that the ?26.99 one IXOS do is even better.

Comment

You can buy third party RGB cables for next to nothing, I paid less than ?1 plus postage. Official cables are no better, they are purely the preserve of nerds.

Comment

I paid about ?2.50 for mine from Console Plus as well, but the Blaze one on my mate's TV is noticeably better - my cheap-arse cable has a bit of ringing that winds me up at times.

Comment

i've got the blaze rgb lead, it's a must buy!

Comment

Originally posted by butchcvc
            I agree, don't waste your money on the official cable, get the Blaze one - it's quality.

Comment

Originally posted by lem
              I agree, don't waste your money on the official cable, get the Blaze one - it's quality.
              My ?1.50 official Sony RGB SCART from ebay says you're wrong, well worth the money compared to 3rd party rubbish :P

Comment

I'm currently using the IXOS one and its rubbish. I get flickering colours and a buzzing sound in the background. The picture also reverts back to the TV tuner at times because the connection is so poor.

Its probably a duff cable, but it hasn't filled me with any confidence - how can the manufacture of a scart lead go so wrong?

Anyway, the general consensus seems to be that I'm better off spending less rather than more. I'll have to check the blaze one out.

Comment

I've used a Blaze one and an official one. Both gave me exactly the same picture quality with no problems at all.

I have read somewhere that some none official one gives the wrong voltage on one of the pins, causing problems on a select few number of TV's (I think it was Yod@ who commented on it)

Pete

Comment

That's right, I've noticed that on some (4:3) TVs the PS2 always defaults to 16:9 mode rather than 4:3 - it doesn't do this with the official lead, it only happens with some unofficial ones.

Comment

With some unofficial PS2 scart leads due to the wrong voltage on one of the pins the TV doesn't detect an RGB signal and so simply gives a composite image.

Comment

Originally posted by Yod@
                        That's right, I've noticed that on some (4:3) TVs the PS2 always defaults to 16:9 mode rather than 4:3 - it doesn't do this with the official lead, it only happens with some unofficial ones.
                        Sounds like what's going on with my IXOS lead. I have a widescreen, but run games like MGS3 in 4:3, and the TV will switch the screen size back to 16:9 at random intervals.

Such a disappointment after spending over 20 quid.

Comment

I think the official PS SCART cable is probably the best quality first party cable you can buy, so much so I have three of them However, these are the older grey version but they work great and thankfully did not cost me the equivalent of 30+ pounds.

Luke

Comment

Can I ask where you bought them from, or was this a while ago?

Comment

Originally posted by butchcvc
                              True! I've also got a Blaze RGB lead and use it for my US and Japanese PS2's. You can't go wrong with this lead!

Comment

Working...
                              X