Network contacts manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network contacts manager

Anyone know of a program which lets you keep an address book/contacts list over a network? What I've got in mind is one PC hosting the program, with others on the network connecting and adding/amending the info. Does this sort of thing exist?

I've just set-up a small home-office network and am bascially trying to find my feet with it. Thanks in advance for any help.

prehaps I've got wrong end of the stick, but can't you do this with Outlook ?

Comment

yes you can make a outlook personal address book that links to a file like a what a pst does to keep emails

Comment

Does it really? I obviously use Outlook's contact book, but I didn't know that it could host a network-wide address book. Any tips on how to set this up?

Comment

just create a document like word, excel sheet and have it on one pc and give everyone access to add contacts it would be much easier ?

Comment

I suppose it would, but I was hoping for a more sophisticated and dedicated program.

Comment

You can do this with MS Exchange, not so easily with Outlook standard. What versions of outlook are you running?

Comment

It's Outlook 2000

Comment

I take it you arent using MS Exchange Server then - I googled this page which may be of some use - http://www.slipstick.com/addins/groupcontacts.htm - good luck!

Comment

Plenty of options there, thanks marcus

Comment

Lotus notes would let you do this quite easily, but its a bit drastic to get it just for this feature

Comment

Working...
                      X