What pc monitors does evryone use???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 1750H 17" 12ms DVI TFT.

Was a bit pricey compared to others but I wouldn't switch, crisp, bright and vibrant as hell.

Comment

Basic 15" Dell TFT connected to my laptop for two-screen goodness. The TFT screen isn't great for games, but does the job for my DVDs.

Comment

27" lcd toshiba hdtv. Pretty nice gives a superb pic on pc and nice crisp 480p on xbox. Rgb is pretty nice also plus it has a free hdmi socket for either ps3 or xbox 360 if they ever bring out a hdmi lead for it.

Comment

Got a new monitor yesterday...

LG Flatron L1915S... 19" TFT, 1280x1024, 12ms... ****in' bargin at 209 quid from Comet.

I totally forgot that 19" on a TFT really was 19", unlike on CRT's where is includes the bit hidden behind the plastic... so it's about the equivelent of a 20 or 21" CRT... it's so damn huge compared to the cheapass things I'm used to, and looks gorgeous. VGA-only mind, but like hell can I tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by nightstalker100
            Nice! Thinking about getting a similar model but i think it is rotatable for some awesome tate shooter action
            My CRT has just bust so I've been eyeing up a rotatable tft for the shooters. The L90D+ looks pretty mint but I can't really justify that amount of cash right now so can anyone recommend any other models (probably 17 inch) that can be used that way? Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Myname
              My CRT has just bust so I've been eyeing up a rotatable tft for the shooters.
              Just do your research, then. I'm a touch miffed that the rotateable Dell here only rotates 90 degrees one way, and DC Ikaruga only rotates the other way. So it's black borders after all, or play upside-down. ARSE!

Of course, if you're purely using MAME on a PC, that doesn't mind which way your monitor needs, so you're fine.

Comment

Cheers for that. I have actually tried to 'do my research' with a good couple of hours searching, but the only ones I can come up with on Google are the L90D+ and the widescreen Dell and both, as I said, are out of my price range. The next stage of 'my research' is to ask if anyone knows any more that happen to be smaller/cheaper?
                Last edited by Rsdio; 17-06-2005, 09:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkster
                  I use this:

http://www.lowestonweb.com/Products/...F-50A610E9DC02

12ms response, DVI input, looks nice, and cracking image quality
                  I have the same, a stunning screen. Can't rotate it, but other than that it's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Myname
                    Cheers for that.
                    Sorry if that came out wrong - I just meant that if you're wanting rotation for anything that insists on a particular orientation then it's worth knowing that not every manufacturer agrees on which way that should be, and the websites probably won't tell you either unless you ask.

Comment

Oh, OK - just sounded like you were implying I was being lazy by asking the question, that's all. Apologies

Comment

Working...
                      X