Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!!!xbox Blown Up

HELP ME!!

My brand new limited edition xbox blew up along with my step down in the process, the step down had melted but i was busy playing and did not notice.Then boom the lights went out etc, then i switched em back on, the lights that is and some smoke was still coming out of the back of the xbox,Do you guys think it may just be the power supply that went, with the surge or can the whole console get damaged in these circumstances??

What a bastard, an xbox and step down gone in the space of two minutes.

Guess your only option is to whip the lid off and check the psu.Fingers crossed its just the psu. Treat yourself to a uk one.
    What X-Box is it?

Here is one to replace it.
    Last edited by Pavey; 12-06-2005, 00:46.

Comment

it is the see through clar one, the one that was available at launch in japan, now if the psu is fried, would that mea it is just the psu??I guess i am clutching at straws here, I'll whip it off tomorrow morning and then order a uk psu and see if that worlks.

Comment

Thanks alot for the quick replies nick, I am really grateful.I will order from them tomorrow.

Comment

In theory yes,its just the PSU. Exactly the same X-Box as me,and i have a UK PSU in mine.
          (The smoky one you mean)

No probs. Fingers crossed and youll only be out of pocket 15 quid,and better off for it.

Comment

yeah fingers crossed bro, thanks again for all your help.Oh and you are right the amoky xbox.cannot believe this has happened really, I am totally gutted.

Comment

I changed my one over myself,its real easy to do and im crap with electronics so you should be fine.

Comment

UPDATE

I took out the psu and it had a burnt bit on it, so this tells me where the smoke came from.
                I have now ordered a new power supply from Lik sang and have my fingers crossed that this will solve the problem, as I just got the baby and was really enjoying SF 3 over live.

The japanese are monsters at that game too.Sorry going off topic now

Comment

Funnily enough, (as you can see on my avatar) I have a Japanese Skeleton Black edition Xbox and I got one of those universal PSU's from Lik-sang also.
                  They can be flaky, I've had mine fail on me twice, it just fails to power up, then 10 minutes later its fine. I've read many people have had them die on them completely.

I also scored a secondhand v1.0/1.1 psu alittle while after as an insurance policy.
                  My universal PSU also refuses to work with the replacement powercord, it switches off imediately, so also look at getting one of the old cords, or adapt the Japanese one if you encounter this problem.

Comment

UPDATE!!!!!

I fixed the xbox myself, I bought a replacement PSU from Lik Sang Europe and then swapped it out with the blown one and hey presto it works superbly, the LS psu seems to work fine, at first I could not swap it out, but then i cut off the second adaptor , sealed the wires with electrical tape and then hey presto it fits fine.

I love my XBOX!

Comment

Nice one. Electrical tape to the rescue again.

Comment

Working...
                      X