PS2 "must have" import games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 "must have" import games

Just got HD Advance, and use it to play imports (no modchip).
    I'd like to get suggestions on what games unavailable in PAL format I should get. Even better if you already know they work with HD Advance (if you don't know, suggest them anyway, I'll check some compatibility list on the web by myself).

I've already got Katamari Damacy, and plan to purchase Robot Alchemic Drive USA and Space Harrier Jap, along with some Gundam games (Zeonic Front will be the first one).

Can't help on suggestions, but www.ps2hd.com is a good place to go for all PS2 HDD-related info, including compatibility lists, game shrinking (removing dummy data and false LBA information) etc.

Comment

God of War is a worthwhile purchase IMO and isn't on PAL for months to come.

Comment

Err... isnt God Of War out in two weeks over here? June 24th - same day as Tekken 5.

Honestly though, it depends on what you like; for instance, I'd recommend stuff like Fire Pro Wrestling Z and King Of Colosseum II... but then, I like the grappling games.

Comment

get Switch and all the train driving sims

Comment

in my eyes all these games are classics already........

drummania/guitarfreaks trilogy
            espgaluda
            densha de go! series (final is the best!)
            katamari damacy
            shikigami no shiro 2
            train simulator real series
            tokyo bus guide
            guilty gear isuka
            pop'n music series
            beatmania series
            dodonpachi

Comment

Taiko! Lots of Japanese versions to pick from, plus a US release too (if you want to learn it in English!)
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                Taiko! Lots of Japanese versions to pick from, plus a US release too (if you want to learn it in English!)
                and doesnt it have one of the katamari damacy tunes?

the taiko drum and game are dirt cheap from the usa, just have a look on ebay! think i'll have to pick a set up soon!

Comment

Bear in mind DVD9 games like GoW will require you to install them by hooking the PS2 HDD to your PC and using WinHIIP to install them.

Comment

ridge racer v
                    tekken 5
                    gran turismo 3/4 better version over pal copy
                    rez

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                      Bear in mind DVD9 games like GoW will require you to install them by hooking the PS2 HDD to your PC and using WinHIIP to install them.
                      I must always use WinHIIP to install imports, because my PS2 isn't chipped, so don't reads import discs, even to install them on HD.

Thanks to all for suggestions, I will try Taiko for sure (it is somewhat like Donkey Konga?). I'm doubtful about Densha De Go and train simulations, in which way are they fun? Ofcourse, I'll get some shoot'em up.

I'm also curious about Simple 2000 series. There's one named something like "Earth Defence Force" that seems very good (I've read good opinions about it).

Comment

See I dont actually own a PS2 yet, but I will do as theres some truely special titles, heres are the selling factors for me. Before I'd even start on the PS2 games though I'd go crazy on the import PS1 madness, if you dont already own them.

Harmful Park

Time Bokan Series: Bokandesuyo

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

The Adventures of Lomax

Chippoke Ralph No Daibouken

Gunners Heaven

To name but a few.... Hope it helps...

Comment

Unfortunately HD Advance don't support PS1 games. But I own a couple of chipped PSX, so I'll be able to play these titles anyway. Thankyou for suggestions.

P.S. Time Bokan shooter was released PAL as Time Bokan - Yattaman :

ofcourse, I already own it
                          Last edited by Gabbi; 12-06-2005, 18:55.

Comment

psyvarier 2 ultimate edition though does not work on my chipped machine i have to use the swap method

Comment

Initial D: special stage and Chou-jikuu Yousai Macross are probably the best jpn only ps2 games i have.

Comment

Working...
                              X