No announcement yet.

XBOX - Final Burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What mod chip are you guys using to run Final Burn Alpha X?

Comment

Xecutor. 1st version.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
        Need. Arcade. Stick.
        IIRC you sold me your Hori stick last year

Comment

X2.1 - it runs fine.

Comment

There is a quarter-second input lag on Final Burn Alpha X which is not present when running the same games via KAWA-X. Try some quick back-to-back testing with either Mars Matrix or 19XX on those two emus and you'll notice the difference. FBAX has much better audio (and video?) accuracy than KAWA-X but the instant-input control of KAWA-X really makes a difference for shmups. Too bad KAWA-X doesn't run some of the best titles like the Cave stuff, etc.

Comment

don't do the ram upgrade as it's not needed anymore and, from what i've read, the xbox doesn't cache the extra 64mb ram which means it accesses it REALLY slowly - up to 2-3 minutes to load a big rom (i.e. one that delves into the >30mb region)

final burn and kawa-x both employ virtual memory now, so you can theoretically run ANY size rom you want. i've tried it with such large games as garou and the kof games.

i think, although i'm uncertain, that you can only run decrypted roms as the encrypted ones need lots of physical ram to decrypt them.

Sega Ages - interesting info, but i prefer final burn as it seems to emulate capcom games better (kawa-x has some scrolling issues and graphics probs), although my definition of capcom games is strictly SF2->SFA3...

i'm still searching for the perfect streetfighter experience - short of buying the pcb - so i'll need to do some more homework.

btw, for anyone interested, MameoX (a mame port, similar to mame-x) has allowed the use of virtual memory for some time now, but the coders have yet to implement it due to various constraints

Comment

Originally posted by bash
                Well I know once FBX supports neo geo roms, Garou MOTW would require a minimum of 128 ram, 256 preferably with a 700mhz CPU.
                I'm pretty sure I've got that ROM for one of the emus on my Xbox already and it works pretty well.

I'll investigate when I get home tonight.

Comment

I play Garou MOTW on my xbox from time to time (pretty nice game), so those "requirements" that were posted are incorrect.

As an interesting note for this topic, I've recently installed "Final Burn Alpha XXX" for the xbox, an unofficial development stream of Final Burn Alpha X being coded by rival programmers. It's really quite cool, allowing lots of feature tweaking and customization. FBAX fans are advised to check it out.

Comment

yeah xxx is good. i've got one called xxx pr too which lets you play newer stuff. hte original final burn alpha x is no longer being coded for the time being it seems, as you can read on the homepage http://www.lantus-x.com/fbax/

Comment

Ok, I have a question and need some help - hope I'm not crossing a line here and feel free to delete this post if it does.

I've tried to ftp Final Burn over to my Xbox but it just won't run. Everything copies over but when I try to start Final Burn the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then kicks me back to the dashboard. Anyone have any idea why ?

Comment

Working...
                      X