x850xt pe overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x850xt pe overclocking

Using the overdrive facility - whats the safest i can overclock this beast of a card

currently running at 540mhz VPU clock - temp at 47c - memory is running at 587mhz

cheers in advance

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
    Using the overdrive facility - whats the safest i can overclock this beast of a card

currently running at 540mhz VPU clock - temp at 47c - memory is running at 587mhz

cheers in advance
    Dude, do you really have to????

Comment

need to see what it can do mate - like when you get a new car, you always have to test it out

Comment

Try ATI tray tools John, it has a stress test included to give you your max mem/core speeds, and gives one of the more reliable results compared to others. Lots of other toys in there too.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBrant
          Try ATI tray tools John, it has a stress test included to give you your max mem/core speeds, and gives one of the more reliable results compared to others. Lots of other toys in there too.
          Oh and stop gloating that you have such a mint card ya bastard! lol

My 9800 Pro looks feeble now!

All that Battlefield 2 goodness you must be enjoying "Maxed Out" 8)

Where's the green with envy smilie???

/C_S

Comment

had a play around with ati tools and checked out the overdrive features - can take this upto 594mhz VPU and 615mhz memory ... what temps should i start getting worried about?

checked out my mates HIS x800xt and his temp is running at 34c @504mhz .. mine has now dropped to 45c but its still a bit high compared to his

ps sorry for seeming to boast - just trying to get to grips with this card

Comment

You'll start getting artifacts and "snow" before you need to worry about temps. If you see lotsof white dots, throttle the memroy speed back until they stop, then throttle it back a further 5Mhz or so to give a safety barrier. If you get atrifacts, i.e odd triangles ets appearing, throttle back the core speed in the same manner.

Comment

cheers for that - testing times ahead to get the perfect balance

Comment

there must be some threads over on overclockers.co.uk about this ?

Comment

well, i managed 590 core and 1280 memory on my his excalibur x850xt pe.

mind you the supreme cooler helps

Comment

David - you can get lost on the overclockers forums .... plus they aren't as friendly

AlwaysAce - only had sapphire x850xt pe's in stock - only HIS were x800 pro's

Comment

John, meant to ask, have you got any 3DM05 scores, are they much better ? or ideally exact comparisons (score with old card and with new one)

Comment

got some 3dmark03 scores - old card (9800pro which had been clocked upto 9000xt speeds) was around 5500 - new card (x850xt pe) 11700

3dmark05 on this card is about 5900

Comment

thanks, so were talking double the performance 3DM03 wise and 5900 in '05 is certainly no slouch !

Comment

Working...
                            X