Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burning DVDs on a Mac - help please URGENT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning DVDs on a Mac - help please URGENT!

Hi guys,

Ok I recorded something on my DVD recorder from the TV, which I would like to pass on with a menu with a picture/music to someone else.

However - I have no idea how to do this!

How do I get the actual stuff from the DVD-R into the menu etc?

I'm left with a "VIDEO.TS" file, but when I try and drag it into iDVD, it says

"Unsupported File Type : Unknown format"

Macintosh HD/Users/markmcgarry/Desktop/DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by ThoseOfTheUnlight; 24-06-2005, 08:12.

Also - how do I just do a straight copy of a DVD I recorded using my TV dvd recorder?

Its an Imac G5 with superdrive.

Comment

dunno about Mac but on PC I just use normal DVD copying software, works exactly the same with DVD Recorder discs.

Comment

Yeah, but cos theres only one drive in this thing, I dont really know how to copy it over to another disc!

Theres a "Video.TS" folder than I can save to disk, but if i drag it and drop it to the mac dvd burner, it wont read on a normal dvd player properly, so I assume I have to do something else..!

Comment

Do you have Toast mark,as that will store the info off one disk temporarily and then dump it on another,all from the one drive?

Video TS files should run in normal DVD players,open it up and see if you have a file with vob at the end of it.

Comment

Hey Nick,

Nope I dont have Toast

These are the files that are in the folder.

VIDEO_TS.BUP
            VIDEO_TS.VOB
            VIDEO_TS.IFO
            VTS_01_0.BUP
            VTS_01_1.VOB
            VTS_01_0.IFO

Any info at all? Cheers for your help!

Comment

This is driving me crazy!

Why, when I have copied this folder off a dvd onto my hard drive, will it not play when I burn the same folder to a blank dvd?

Comment

Pm me your address mate. Its odd but you need to 'copy' the DVD as apposed to just 'moving' the data across.

Comment

I could show you ;[

Comment

Working...
                  X