Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone played SCAR (Squadra Course Alfa Romeo) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone played SCAR (Squadra Course Alfa Romeo) ?

Seems like a F355 type sim game only featuring Alfa's; out on PC, PS2 & Xbox, cheap price ...
    SimplyGames - UK's top destination for the latest PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch, and PC titles. Dive into a vast selection of gaming consoles and accessories.

just started downloading demo here:

bit more info over on gamespot but not found much else
    GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

I'll buy it if they've sampled the Alfa V6 engine note...

Comment

Alfa GTA V6=Swoon.

Comment

Downloaded and played an hour or so.

It's by Milestone of Screamer and Superbike (and an Xbox racer I cant think of right now) fame. Anything they do is most definately fun.

The demo contains only 2 short tracks, 1 is Valencia which I think is based on a real life track and the other is a country road, which is ficticious I'd imagine.

Handling and damage modelling is jolly good indeed. Environments are basic and simply textured but seem to do the job ok.

F355 lovers will certainly have fun with this one racing in a pack of 8 same model cars. AI is a wee bit brutal, lots of jockeying for position at corners and bunching up.

Unfortunately the AI drivers are not averse to ramming you off the track from behind, effectively losing you the entire race. You can ram them too of course.

The demo contains a short 2 race look at XP mode which offers up XP points for overtaking, fastest lap, intimidation etc. The points gained can be used to buy / unlock the usual suspects.

Not too shabby at all for the price IMO

Comment

Working...
        X