PAL PS2s and Prog Scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL PS2s and Prog Scan

Anyone know for sure if the model SCPH-50003 PAL PS2 canplay DVDs in prog scan mode?

Is that an older V5 model? If so then the case is no. . . .

Comment

Also depends if your ps2 is chipped. Some chips disable prog scan, like mine Still gotta get the guy to fix it, thanks for reminding me.

Comment

Originally posted by bash
        Is that an older V5 model?
        Dunno. All I know is that it's got an inbuilt infra-red receiver.

Oh, and it's not chipped.

Comment

Ah, then that'll be a V9 or V10. As far as Im aware it doesnt support it, although I heard a rumour there's an unofficial NTSC prog scan which I havent bothered to check myself.

Comment

Suikoden 4 had Progscan, and I tried it with my chipped v7 - if my TV would support progscan, it would have worked I think... not sure though.
            oh well, what I want to say is that the ps2 not supporting it is the lesser evil...
            since hdtv and progscan aren't standard in most Eorupean TVs.

Comment

when you say DVD's, I assume you means movies?

Games on the Ps2 need to have the prog scan option activated like Tekken 4 or 5, I wasnt aware any chips disabled that option. . . .

Comment

I believe some PS2 modchips sod up component output.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                  I believe some PS2 modchips sod up component output.
                  Yes, in an attempt to stop the PS2 doing the annoying 'switch from RGB to component on DVDs to sell more PAL DVD players' they force the machine to run in RGB all the time. Which means that you're stuffed if you actually wanted to use the component output.

Comment

Working...
                  X