.mov file viewer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.mov file viewer?

Ok, Well, I've just downloaded the Halo Jump movie, and I want to see it. But it is in an unrecognised format '.mov' Apparently that is a quicktime file. want to download quicktime to view it, but the link on thier site does not work:

I've tried going with download.com as well, but it is just the same... Do any of you know any other good players that will allow you to watch .mov files, or, a link to the download?

Should be able to find what you're looking for there matey.

Comment

Thanks Tom, but that is the Link that doesn't work.

At the bottom of that page is the download button. Press that (After filling in details) it redirects you to a page and then the download begins... the Url that it downloads from is the one in my original post!

Y'see, The one from Apple isn't working for me... Is it just my PC or is it you guys too...

Comment

Just checked. It isn't working for me either. I was going to suggest you dl it from www.download.com or the like, but i guess you would just be re-directed back to the problem page.

Comment

If you get quicktime installed, I reccommend also downloading Media player classic which is a great substitute for the bloated Windows player.

gabest.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gabest.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

You can disable all of the annoying quicktime pop-ups and reminders, and let MPC play quicktime files instead (it just needs the codecs to be installed). I have it as my default player for all of my movie files.

Comment

Raah, sorry nips. And I though I was being so helpful. Meh.

A quick look on Kazaa turned up some promising results though.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Tom, but I'm on a daxed phone-line with a MAXIMUM capacity of 3.3kbs, and it usually runs closer to 2.6kbs making P2P downloads almost impossible. So I don't have Kazaa...

What are 'codecs', Edame?

Comment

Originally posted by nips
                What are 'codecs'
                From cnet.com

codec

coder/decoder or compression/decompression algorithm

As the name implies, codecs are used to encode and decode (or compress and decompress) various types of data--particularly those that would otherwise use up inordinate amounts of disk space, such as sound and video files. Common codecs include those for converting analog video signals into compressed video files (such as MPEG) or analog sound signals into into digitized sound (such as RealAudio). Codecs can be used with either streaming (live video or audio) or files-based (AVI, WAV) content.

Comment

I see, but are they automatically updated when you select an unknown format? Or do you need to update it manually?

Comment

Originally posted by nips
                    I see, but are they automatically updated when you select an unknown format? Or do you need to update it manually?
                    WMP will try and download the codec needed (if you don't already have it.) Doesn't always work though, but there are loads of sites out there where you can dl the codecs and update manually.

Comment

If youre just after a QT player try running any enhanced CD albums or singles. they usually have the bands video and a QT player. eg Linkin Parks remix album. Queens Of the Stone Age - Go with the flow. Gorillaz singles....

Comment

Working...
                      X