Slim PS2+ FFXI HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slim PS2+ FFXI HDD

Did a quick search and couldnt find the answer to my question so here it is, will my slim US PS2 work with the HDD FFXI pack for online.

Im sure I read somewhere that its not possible but just to make sure can someone confirm for me please.

(please dont tell me I have to fork out for a chunky PS2 in order to play this)

Thanks in advance.

Dont see how it can, where are you going to put the HDD?

Comment

Feck, I knew I should have listened to my inner voice when buying the slim ps2.

Is it possible there is some sort of bridge connector for hdd to slim ps2

(wishfull thinking)

Comment

What would it connect to on the slim PS2? (I don't have one, are there any ports on it?)

Comment

@ the back:

1 - Phone line socket 1 - Network socket 1- Digital Out

@ front:

2 - USB ports

Looks like Im on to nanty then, ho hum - wishfull thinking would suggest a nice link via usb or even some sort of connection thru network connection.

Comment

Robbie,im in the States again on the 10th if you want a second hand chunker.

Comment

Nick you are a god mate, I'll let you know mate and pay on time this time

Does anyone know compatibility issues re model numbers and the hdd pack?

Comment

I got one of the last chunky model PS2s (with the network adapter included and the IR port etc) for FFXI, so I think they're all OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6
                  Feck, I knew I should have listened to my inner voice when buying the slim ps2.

Is it possible there is some sort of bridge connector for hdd to slim ps2

(wishfull thinking)
                  There is a modification to connect a HDD to a PSTwo, though it requires soldering.

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/ps2-hdcon.html

Comment

Thanks for the link, looks as if it could create problems later on.

I think I'll get a chunker now.

Comment

If your getting an Xbox 360, then you could always wait and get that version of the game. I don't know if PS2 players can interact with PC users of the game on the PS2, i know you can on do this on Xbox 360 version. It might be worth the wait?

Comment

Working...
                      X