Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my surge protector working correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my surge protector working correctly?

I bought a surge protector a while back but since having it in a more noticable position I'm begining to wonder if its doing its job?

I say this because on the protector (a 5 plug Belkin Surgemaster) there are 2 lights (not counting the rocker switch light, which is glowing nicely red) one thats labeled 'PROTECTED' which is supposed to be green and another labeled 'EARTHED' which is supposed to be red. I say supposed because neither of these lights are lit?

Now I can't recall if either of these lights were lit in the first place but can anyone tell me if they should or not? I've got a sneaking suspicion one or the other should?

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: I've just been told that the green light should be on. Since its not I'll have to replace the protector!!? I thought I'd just have to open it up and replace a fuse or something? Is this true anyone?

Call Belkin. They are designed to sacrifice themselves to save your equipment. It's a good thing you went with them because they offer 100% free lifetime replacements when this happens.

Comment

Fantastic! That ?25 I paid for it years ago was well spent!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X