Old PSX / PSone question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old PSX / PSone question

Hey guys, bit of an oldy question here, its about the Playstation 1, you remember, that little grey box made by Sony I've dug it out to play it again!

It's a PAL console that is chipped and I have a few NTSC US games, after an hour of pondering I cant remember how to get NTSC games to play in colour, at the mo they play no problem but in black and white. I seem to remember having an NTSC boot disk but cant find it anywhere, was this what I needed or do I need something else?

Thanks guys, Mark.

Rgb scart lead mate.

Comment

And a decent telly.

Comment

I'm guesssing the lead that comes with the console is not a proper RGB lead then DOH!

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

I get NTSC games to play in colour through the RF lead on my telly. but i only use my scart lead.

Comment

Yeah, i don't think RGB scart is a must, just a NTSC capable telly.

Comment

Most TVs can't do NTSC through RF though. Evidently a few do however.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

You might as well get an RGB scart lead anyway, it greatly improves the picture quality on all games, and it works on PS2.

Get a cheapy one from GAME.

Comment

Was there such thing as an NTSC boot disk, or am I just being silly, I'm sure I had one....

Comment

You might be thinking of the DC? The older version PS1's could have that little cart that stuck out the back to play back ups, but i think you needed to swap the discs for that, so maybe that's what ur thinking of.

I remember I could do it by loading up a UK game in the inbuilt music player, swapping to a Jap game, then exiting the music player

Comment

There used to be a mod chip that you could get that allowed your pal ps to play in ntsc games in colour without a scart lead, my mate used to have one but it wasnt that good as it wouldnt boot modchip protected games.

Comment

The PSX used to only output colour through RGB when playing NTSC on a pal console, doesn't matter if ou have a tv capabale of NTSC 3.58.
                        Then later on with 7000 and above series you could then add a link to make the console output the Pal colour carrier at all times, so if you put an ntsc disc in it would give you 60hz with pal even over composite or S.

Comment

Working...
                        X