Selling advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling advice needed

I've recently had an email from someone interested in buying a GBA SP off me from Amazon marketplace, but they want to collect via courier rather than have me post it. This seems a tad suspect to me as I can't see why someone would want to pay for shipping and then pay again for a courier to collect it from me.

The only thing I can think of is if someone is buying with a hacked account, collecting it wouldn't reveal an address and I could be liable for a chargeback and have no way of getting my item back.

Any opinions?

If something sounds dodgy then walk away. Every time.

Comment

Charles is absolutely right. Systems such as those implemented by ebay and amazon (i.e don't get involved in non-official deals out of the remit of the website) and the careful monitoring of the trading thread on this site are designed so you don't get ripped off, and try to ensure that if you are diddled, then at least you have a bit of comeback. Don't trust this kind of thing - go with your instincts dude.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, it's obvious what I should do. Now that I think more about it, it's one of my first sales and this person has probably seen my lack of feedback. I wasn't the cheapest available so now I can see why I've been contacted over the others.

Comment

Working...
        X