Problems connecting my Xbox to my PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems connecting my Xbox to my PC

I'm trying to make a direct connection from my PC to my Xbox (with EvoX running from CD). I'm using FlashFXP to attempt the connection, but my PC will not see the Xbox. I have made sure the Xbox has a static IP, and have entered all the info correctly, but still no donuts.

The PC is connected to a wireless local network (Belkin router) using a Belkin WiFi card. What am I doing wrong here?

*edit* Oh, and all firewalls are turned off!
    Last edited by Square; 01-07-2005, 19:12.

What are you using to connect the PC to the Xbox?

When you go to Network connections and all the cables are connected, and you switch the xbox on, the connection the Xbox is using for the ethernet port shoukd light up or say its connected. Then you need to make sure you sure your internet connection is shared with the Xbox connecting port on the PC your connecting it to with ICS.

Comment

Are you using a standard CAT 5 cable or a crossover? You need a crossover for FTPing, iirc.

Comment

Just as a check...

You need to make sure that your wireless connection is different to that of the conection to the Xbox.

You have 2 levels of NAT - The network connection between computers and the wireless router, and the network connection between your computer and the Xbox

By default the address of your router will be 192.168.0.1, unfortunatly, for ICS etc, this is also the address of your computer as far as any attached device is concerned -The result is a conflict.

So, you need to go into the setup of your router, and change its address to 193.168.(between 1 & 255) .1 - So, for example change it to 192.168.1.1.

192.168.0.1 is reserved in windows for ICS etc. And it cannot be changed, hence the reason you have to change the router.

Then in network connections, ensure that "allow devices to share this connection" is checked.

You may have aleady done all this, of course, in which case, ignore me.

Comment

Working...
        X