Japanese box art scans. Help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese box art scans. Help please.

Hi all, I'm looking for a place to download relatively hi res scans of Japanese box art. It's for research / an article. I'm actually mainly after games from the 16 and 8 bit era's so Famicoms', Megadrives, PC Engine's etc, etc. What I really need to track down is the Japanese box art for the original Megaman on the Famicom; which I can't find anywhere. I've already been to the videogame musuem website but they don't have much in the way of japanese box art there. So yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Dunno about the japanese boxart, but it can't possibly be better than the US art:

Comment

That's exactly why I need a copy of the Japanese version.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane
        Dunno about the japanese boxart, but it can't possibly be better than the US art:

15 years later and megaman box art is still crap

Comment

Originally posted by Sane

ROFL!!!! This just show's the competence of Capcom USA, lol!!

This has to be one of the worst box art's that I have ever seen, even when I lived in America as a kid when this first came out, it's box was the subject of many a joke, unlike the game which was fantastic but bloody hard at the time.

Capcom USA is an absolute joke compared to the Japenese wing of the company, I was especially dissapointed with what they done for the saturn version of Final Fight(STV arcade also), it could have been an amazing 2d side scrolling beat em up with fantastic animantion, but no we got an absolute travesty of a one on one beat em up with some of the worst 3d graphics seen.

Comment

If I had the game I'd do a scan for you, but unfortunately the original Rockman is hard to find complete and when it does show up it's expensive.

Here's a low res picture -
            Attached Files

Comment

It's not a photo of the box art but this scan of an advertising leaflet might be of some use.

Comment

Working...
              X