Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance of Killer 7 being censored?

Has anyone heard anything about this?

I've heard that it has loads of people shouting "**** you" over and over when shooting, so I'm wondering whether either the US or PAL versions will be changed at all to remove that.

Also, it seems like some of the blood has changed colour in the latest videos. In the early ones, it was all red, but now, from (presumably) the translated version, it seems to be both yellow and red. Did they change that in the Japanese version as well?

It really pisses me off whenever a company or organisation feels that they need to alter something in order to 'protect' me or others, so if the PAL one is uncensored, I'll cancel my US order and get that instead. Or visa versa.

It's got an 18 BBFC certificate, so I should imagine it is uncensored, in PAL land at least.

Comment

Beware the Germans. It's their overcensorious fault European games get censored.

Comment

NGC just reviewed the PAL game I believe, and there wasn't any talk of cuts or changes. It got 84% I believe.

Comment

It's been a few weeks since I've played it, but I seem to remember some of the bad guys explode in yellow blood in the Japanese version as well, so I don't think there's anything to worry about

Comment

I've ordered the PS2 version anyway. I wasn't sure whether the GC one would work with my Action Replay + PAL Cube, but my PS2 is chipped, so I can just stick that in and it'd work. I guess if the Japanese version works, I can expect the US one to as well. But if the PS2 and GC ones are exactly the same, I could get the PS2 version and free light thing from Videogamesplus and not have to worry about that...

Comment

Subs copies of NGC I presume...? The issue still in the shops here has the Zelda poster with it...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                Subs copies of NGC I presume...? The issue still in the shops here has the Zelda poster with it...
                Yep Subscriber here, Decent read this month and the Retro Section has grew a bit which is good in my eyes, there's also a complete guide to Killer 7 too, which is handy as I've got stuck a few times in the JPN Version.

Comment

It appears even the JPN PS2 version is censored.
                  There aren't any moaning noises during Samantha's "riding" scene with Harman. Just loud music

Or did they get cut from the GC version too? They were definitely in some of the trailers...

Comment

I can say from personal experience that the moaning is present in the JPN NGC release of Killer 7.

Comment

I guess then that Sony must've ordered it to be left out for some reason.

Comment

Yeah, I read that SoJ did. I wonder whether Capcom would've added it back in, though.

Comment

thanks guys for the warning...
                          was going to order US GC but instead ordered JPN release...

Comment

Working...
                          X