Setting up a wireless network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up a wireless network

My bro is thinking about getting a new laptop soon. so want the laptop to connect to the internet wirelessly from this pc.
    i also want to be able to download those ds demos for my ds and get online with my psp.

what things do i need in order to set it up. recommendations are welcome and also links to ebay or other websites for the parts in question.

much appreciated.
    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 10-07-2005, 22:58.

I dont know about the DS/PSP but I am using a Dlink DI-624+ Router for all our Wireless needs, I am then using ASUS wireless network cards on all my machines, I think my housemate is using some other cards incluing a card for his laptop, all seems well, I even bought an Asus - Wireless Access Point from Overclock, you can plug any network card device to this and it will either turn into a cheap router (no Firewall or anything but I guess useful if theres nothing else.) or an external wireless network card. I am connecting this to my Xbox and using it to put the Xbox on the wireless network I have set up.

I suggest filtering to your network cards MAC addresses via your router as the best way to secure your network.

Comment

some good info here: http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

Also has reviews of kit and info on how to set them up properly.

Comment

anyone recommend me a good router for the ds demos and getting XLink kai to work for the psp?

Comment

I dont think you can do the DS demos through a router... you would need a compatable wireless lan card for that.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X