iTunes / iPod Duplicate question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes / iPod Duplicate question...

Hi all. In the new iTunes there is a facility for checking which songs you havbe duplicated in your library.

I'm wondering, if there a option for this to be done with you iPod ?? I have tried but not been able to do this and just know that a large portion of my iPod is songs that have doubled for some reason.......but have so many that it's pretty much impossible to do manually.....

Anyhelp would be appreciated

Can't you just do it on your PC and then wipe the ipod and upload again?

Comment

You can do it via your iPod by selecting your iPod in the iTunes window, then checking for duplicates as you would normally.

Comment

Thought I'd tried that Bignige. Will try once my current task is done (evening out the sound on all the tracks)...

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's how you do it. Do you have iTunes synced with your iPod? If so you just need to sort your duplicates in iTunes out, plug in your iPod then update. Be aware, if you do this, any songs you have on your iPod but not in iTunes will be wiped.
          I assume you manual manage your songs?

Comment

Right, yeah I do manually manage songs as my HD on my mac is smaller than my iPod =) hence my iPod is my "library".
            Just checked - if I select my iPod in itunes and go to "Check for duplicate...." it's not possible for me to click on it.
            So, any thoughts mate ?

Comment

I will have a look when I get home. Left me iPod there today. Normally have it with me.

Comment

Yeah, you're right. You can't show duplicates on your iPod! Sorry, other than manually going through the songs, I'm not sure what else you can do. Forget about them?

Comment

Originally posted by weightgain
                  my HD on my mac is smaller than my iPod =) hence my iPod is my "library"
                  eek tbh. Get a larger HD soonish - If you lose your ipod, then re-ripping all your CD's is going to be a nightmare (presuming you have a lot). At least then you have 2 copies of everything and if one dies, you can just replace and reduplicate. I can't wait for HDVD so I can stick all my music on 1 dvd for safety.

Comment

I bought an external 250 gigHD recently for ?130. Perfect backup solution

Comment

Working...
                    X