Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N64 RGB mod

Hey guys.

Im about to buy a JPN N64, and preferably want to get one that can be modded for RGB output.

I think I'm getting one of the pink or blue coloured edition ones, does anyone know off hand if these can be modded?

Or indeed, the list of model numbers that can be modded?

Any help much appreciated

You've checked www.gamesx.com, right?

Comment

The answer is no,most coloured models cannot be modded for rgb.The only models that can are the early units of jap and us machines.So to be safe get an older unit as well unboxed and cheap and then do a board swap.

Comment

I can confirm that the ltd coloured editions don't even support s-video, let alone a mod to RGB.

Comment

I have some new info on rgb mdding for the nintendo 64,the pal units are indeed moddable but need new parts added,there is a site in germany which sells the kit,I will post their web address later,the kit is expensive but and can only be bought with a pal n64 from them at 175 euros.as I say I need to look up the url again and get the direct link for all of you.I was suprised by this but i seen one at where i work today,where I chip ps2's and stuff.My boss's pal brought it in to show e as I had told him he was lying.
          The picture quality from the pal rgb mod is fantastic.

Comment

Anyone any info on this model number??

NUJ11857746.

Comment

Here is the link to the site that sells the pal nintendo 64's and the rgb kit for them.As I say I know someone who has done this so it is not a lot of bollocks.

Comment

Working...
              X