Ps1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ps1

hi, i'm thinking about picking up a cheap ps1, as i'd like to play a few old games, like everybodys golf, FF origins, Vagrant Story ect.

which would be the best to go for a US ps1(?25) or a pal ps1(price?) does the US ps1 need a stepdown? can it output a RGB signal?
    looking at spending under ?40 for the console, mem card and a few games.

seen a us ps1 for ?25 is that a good price(newish conditon.)

must have games for it?(cheap ones ?10<)

thanks

If it's a PSone (the small, restyled model) it won't need a stepdown if you just use a UK power supply. If it's the older version, it'll definitely need a stepdown.

Yes it can output RGB, uses exactly the same scart leads as a PS2.

?25 for a US machine seems reasonable, but I would go for a modded PAL machine tbh. It'll play the imports full screen@60hz, plus you can get PAL games for it as well which are extremely cheap.

Comment

Hi,

It has an internal power supply so you'll need a step down. However, the newer PSOne's have an external power supply so can be used without a step-down if you replace the US power adapter with a UK one (they can be picked up on ebay fairly cheaply).

I know the ntsc PSOne's support RGB so I reckon the original version probably does also.

Edit - Kubrick beat me to it - good to see that we are consisent in our answers though!!

Comment

it is the smaller PS0ne i would get, not got room for the old style ps1.

would a pal one be easy to chip?

not looking at spending more than ?40 as might end up selling it if i don't like it.

Comment

Ive got a PAL one for sale mate, should be easy enough to chip...

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74
            Ive got a PAL one for sale mate, should be easy enough to chip...

thanks for saying, but i think it's going to be a us one or nothing right now, as i saw one today and that got me thinking, i can get the psone(new) with FF origins and vagrant story for about ?35.

may just wait and get a ps2 again now. just really want to play about 5 ps1 games

Comment

You could always use a boot disk to play import games. Pain in the arse if you ask me but it might be easier than getting a chipped machine

Comment

Originally posted by gossi the dog
                You could always use a boot disk to play import games. Pain in the arse if you ask me but it might be easier than getting a chipped machine

didn't know the PS1 could use a bootdisk.

thanks, i'll take a look

Comment

Working...
                X