Can I get a PSU for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get a PSU for this?

I've managed to blow up my PSU so need another one. Does anyone know where I can get a suitable unit that will fit this prong, or be able to put me in touch with a place that would sell one?

Best bet is to cut the end off and reconnect to a new PSU. You could also consider wiring a different socket internally.

Comment

Which hardware PSU did you damaged as it is not clear

Comment

you blew up the pc one?

you want a jameco.com SC200 or a proper arcade PSU , if its just for MVS and no pcb's I'd go for the SC200, which you can buy from jameco.com.

both are about 20 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
          you blew up the pc one?

you want a jameco.com SC200 or a proper arcade PSU , if its just for MVS and no pcb's I'd go for the SC200, which you can buy from jameco.com.

both are about 20 pounds.
          will it plug onto the one slot though?

Comment

nothings going to plug into that connector you're going to have to modify it

welcome to the world of MVS

Comment

Originally posted by kernow
              nothings going to plug into that connector you're going to have to modify it

welcome to the world of MVS
              Hmm, mel's dad is an electrician, I'll get him to take the old psu off and use that.

Comment

it looks like a 3 pin XLR connector (used for pro analog audio & digital audio... although the digital stuff tends to get sent down coax these days)

bit of an odd connector though. i've not seen a male xlr that had the pins protruding like that before.

i'd be inclined to replace the connector with something else..
                this part would probably mate with it though:

Comment

Working...
                X