Sonic Mega Collection - worth getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic Mega Collection - worth getting?

Got a PAL 'Cube and PS2, and was considering the Sonic compilation thing as my sis' loves watching the Sonic X cartoon, and enjoys the odd game. What's the general consensus on SMC? Worth a go? If so, any pointers to a cheap place to get the game would be appreciated.

It is very good on gamecube.

You can buy Japanese version very cheap at play-asia.com but do you want to worry about freeloader and japanese memory card. Have a look at ebay and play.com/amazon.co.uk I think you can buy them in budget range, but not sure as it is not my market.

Comment

Do it man, I got the Cube version and all though I've only played it once since buying, it was the 4 hour session I had been waiting to have since I sold my Megadrive an age ago. Sonic 1 & 2 still rock

Comment

Be warned that the Pal Ps2 Version is not optimised and does not have an 60hz option.
        The Gamecube version is different in this aspect, I think. (see this thread)

Comment

Providing your tv can take PAL 60, the GC version if the one to get. You miss out on the Game Gear games in the PS2 version but it runs at full speed and properly optimised. You can also get it very cheaply these days.

Comment

Its worth it for Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine alone!

Comment

Worth it for Sonic The Hedgehog alone. It still shines like a big, great bright shiny thing after all these years.

Sonic 2 and Flicky (an unlockable, stunningly addictive cult Mega Drive game) are the other essential games of the package.

There are other games 'a plenty in the disc: maybe she will like Mean Bean Machine and possibly Sonic Spinball if the allure of retro 2D platforming fails to work

Comment

What was wrong or not great about sonic 3 + knuckles then? I always thought it was the best of the series. Long levels, 14 acts , 3 characters. The ability to be Super/hyper sonic and knuckles and super tails etc.

Comment

Sounds pretty decent all in all.

Does Sonic 3 still have the savegame feature?

Comment

Yeah, it does.

Comment

Personally id go for the japanese version of the sonic collection as it has 2 extra games that dont appear in the western versions (comix zone & the ooze) plus all the manual scans are in glorious colour with those cool hand drawn illustrations.

Comment

Are the menus in japanese version, in japanese language?

Comment

Yes, they are.

Comment

Working...
                          X