Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 on my PC monitor

Or on my work PC monitor to be precise.

Me and a mate fancy hooking up the PS2 for some pro-evo action at lunch times. Whats the cheapest way to do this? I understand the PS2 doesnt output VGA like the DC did, so im guessing i need some sort of converting cable that i so far havent been able to find.

something like this would be needed- http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=4233&

along with a componant cable.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmite
      Or on my work PC monitor to be precise.

Me and a mate fancy hooking up the PS2 for some pro-evo action at lunch times. Whats the cheapest way to do this? I understand the PS2 doesnt output VGA like the DC did, so im guessing i need some sort of converting cable that i so far havent been able to find.
      It's about ?120, but worth every penny; buy an XRGB2+ from lik-sang.

It'll upscale Component or JRGB (it's not a SCART connector on the front) so that it can work over VGA, and does a fantastic job. Looks mint on a CRT monitor, and will also work with 50Hz if your monitor supports it. (newer ones generally don't though)

It doesn't work with progressive content, but there's so few PS2 games, you won't miss it. Something like that other adapter would be good for Xbox though, as 99% of the games support prog. scan, however it won't work with interlaced content.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewfee
        It doesn't work with progressive content, but there's so few PS2 games, you won't miss it. Something like that other adapter would be good for Xbox though, as 99% of the games support prog. scan, however it won't work with interlaced content.

ah i forgot the ps2 doesn't do prog scan for most of the games

Comment

Hmm, looks expensive just for a bit of lunch time gaming.

Managed to find a spare meeting room yesterday lunch time and we hooked up the PS2 to a decent enough Sony 21" flatscreen in there via Scart. Would have much preffered hooking it up to one of the many 42" plasmas dotted around the office though!!

Comment

Buy a Pakard bell TV100 tvtuner car from PC world for ?30, it has a great chip for grabbing video on it and hence you can input composite/svideo too.
            You then download an app called Dscaler, this is the software to take the incoming signal and scale it to the native resolution of your screen.
            Alot of the guys in home cinema use thsi instaed of ?2k external video scalers, it will absolutely walk on the XRGB2 for quality when deinterlacing and scaleing the signal.

Comment

Working...
            X