Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP games and their firmware upgrades

Hey all,

I've been thinking about getting Star Soldier for the PSP but I'm a bit paranoid about firmware upgrades to my PSP.
    I'm running 1.5 at the mo so I can run all emus etc and the last thing I wanna do it have one of the games upgrade my firmware on the sly.

Is there a list anywhere of games and what firmware they carry?
    Or can we get a sticky thread here that keeps us all up to date on this stuff?

Thanks

Originally posted by Goemon
    Hey all,

I've been thinking about getting Star Soldier for the PSP but I'm a bit paranoid about firmware upgrades to my PSP.
    I'm running 1.5 at the mo so I can run all emus etc and the last thing I wanna do it have one of the games upgrade my firmware on the sly.
    haven't tested it yet (don't have any games that force an update yet) but on those homebrewn sites you can find a little utility that supposedly lets you skip the forced update. hey, i should check that out myself, ever since i saw screenshots of PSP Star Soldier yesterday it's the main thing on my mind. finally something that puts the widescreen to good use.

Comment

Tenchi No Mon came out on the same day as Star Soldier. It has the 1.50 update on the disc.

I'm not certain that Star Soldier will also have 1.50 on it, but there's a good chance it will be this version and nothing higher.

Comment

Star Soldier requires firmware 1.50 to play.

Comment

Originally posted by ragdoll
          on those homebrewn sites you can find a little utility that supposedly lets you skip the forced update. hey, i should check that out myself
          No. At the moment those utilities to skip forced update only allows loading pirated games off memory stick, not authentic UMD games.

Comment

Working...
          X