720p display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

720p display

OK as anyone reading my questions about LCD TVs in one of the 360 threads will testify, I know about as much about technology as George Bush does on foreign policy.

I was going to buy an LCD TV that explicitly states in the product description that it supports 1080i and 720p displays - which I understand to be standard for HDTV. However i was warned off because the response time is 25ms

Now, if an LCD TV DOESN'T mention 720p in the features list (for example)
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=90727
    can it still display the picture to a similar quality?

i find the whole thing a little confusing...
    ...and i'm on a ?300 budget!!!! which makes the whole process so much more fun. you gotta love student life!

If I bought this:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=77970
    what are the chances of being able to display X360 games anywhere near the resolution they're intended for?
    Last edited by gaz@manc; 27-07-2005, 19:38.

Wait for Unlighty feedback on Samsung 32 inch LCD TV then it should be good enough for you as Microsoft used Samsung LCD TV.

Comment

At least the first one doesn't appear to offer a way to send non-PC HD signals to the set of any kind, so it's clearly not going to be able to do much with them.

It's not in the budget and size that you're talking about, so this is more for everyone really, but my mate has just pointed this Tosh to me. Possibly an alternative for those that don't like the look of the 32" Samsung for some reason?

Comment

Just a quick warning after clicking on link to the tosh, dont buy from digital direct, not a good site im afraid, and they never answer there customer services call either, steer clear is my advice.

Comment

Like mid says, the first one is not up the task, at best using a VGA box you could get 480p but that's it.

As for the LG, god bless them, their specifications sheets are as crap as always. (Even on my current LG HDTV, there's no mention in the manual of the progressive scan modes available), so it's hard to tell if the LG L172WT would do.

The best trick is to search for TVs with the HD Ready logo.

Comment

By the looks of things my budget isn't going to allow me to purchase the ideal set-up. After all, this is just a temporary solution for the next 12-24 months, I'm not looking to buy a large screen set up until I'm out of uni/training and in my own place. I don't think I'm gonna get a better deal than this at the minute although I'll continue looking - response time isn't great (25ms) but I dunno if I'll notice that much, and it has support for 720p signal.
            http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=88552

Comment

Working...
            X