Graphics Card Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics Card Advice

Does anyone know if a laptop with "Intel 915GM Express Chipset Integrated Graphics" will run Final Fantasy XI?

The game spec is as follows:

Windows 98/98 SE/Me/2000/XP
    Intel Pentium III 800Mhz or higher
    128MB RAM
    7.5GB hard disk drive space
    DirectX 8.1
    DirectX 8.1-compatible sound card
    CD-ROM drive, keyboard, mouse
    56K or faster Internet connection
    NVIDIA GeForce video card with 32MB of RAM or ATI RADEON 9000 series graphics card (AGP)

Thanks.

Originally posted by Vanicent
    Does anyone know if a laptop with "Intel 915GM Express Chipset Integrated Graphics" will run Final Fantasy XI?

The game spec is as follows:

NVIDIA GeForce video card with 32MB of RAM or ATI RADEON 9000 series graphics card (AGP)
    There is your answer.

Comment

Depends on rest of laptop spec, (esp memory and CPU speed) my laptop (with onboard Intel graphics) run's WoW OK but in theory is below minimum specs - get about 12fps with all display settings in the middle.

Comment

Even if it does manage to run it, I'd imagine the experience wouldn't be very great. You can get laptops with decent nvidia and ATI graphics solutions these days, that's what you'd need for a gaming laptop.

Comment

you can get a ATI 9800pro for about ?80 if u look about now, it can still run the latest games too

Comment

yeah but try squeezing that into your laptop

Comment

Thanks for the advice all. What gIzzE said is pretty much what I had figured anyway, but I wanted a more expert opinion, since I'm not really too knowledgable with graphics cards.

Comment

Thats why the world made hammers

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
                yeah but try squeezing that into your laptop

Comment

Working...
                X