Neo Geo AES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo Geo AES

Firstly, mods - apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum, I'm not sure if the AES is retro?...but theres still stuff coming out for it so....

I've had a Neo Geo CD for a while now and am thinking of getting a AES from Tokuda. I dont have an unlimited supply of money, so what games are not too expensive but still worthwhile having in my collection? And any help re. is it possible to save games and decent TV connections would also be helpful.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Nam-1975

Comment

have a look here:

Neo topic

And here:

Neo Geo - The Future is Now feature

=]

Comment

Treble,

That article was tremendously well written. I wish I'd read that before posting as it has answered most of my queries.

Anyway, just one thing - can you get an RGB Scart or do you have to use standard AV cables?

Comment

Originally posted by Brim
          Treble,

That article was tremendously well written. I wish I'd read that before posting as it has answered most of my queries.

Anyway, just one thing - can you get an RGB Scart or do you have to use standard AV cables?
          Yes you can get a Scart lead.

Enjoy your Neo

Comment

By all accounts, the standard composite AV cable gives a horrible picture. Try videogameimports.com if you have trouble finding one.

Comment

Treble,

Thanks mate, most appreciated. Feel free to leave feedback to that effect, should you so desire ;P

The Neo uses the same RGB SCART lead as the Megadrive one. Just like that machine, there is no stereo signal carried by the basic lead, but the VGI one has a 3.5mm jack that plugs into the headphone socket for stereo through your TV.

If you get a Jpn or US machine, it outputs RGB as standard. The PAL machine only outputs composite in 50hz, but if you mod it to 60hz, you get RGB. The difficulty of modding a PAL machine varies on the model machine you buy, but I guess you'll be getting a Jpn one, anyway.

Any more questions, just fire away

Comment

It's dead easy to mod a UK aes to run in 60hz, all you need to do is snip one wire, that's it. the tech forum over at neo-geo.com (my home) will show you how

Comment

Plisken: some board revisions on the PAL unit require the timing crystal to be swapped. Mine was a PAL wire-snip model - dead simple - but the other unit is much more difficult, apparently.

Comment

Working...
                  X