VD-Z3 VGA Adaptor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VD-Z3 VGA Adaptor Question

I was gonna get one of those VD-Z3 Enhanced VGA adaptors, but on their site, it recommended this -

"In addition, VGA cable with ferrite core filter is highly recommend. (Distortion may occur if you use normal VGA cable with no filter.)"

http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?optio...d=14&Itemid=34

Okay, excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'ferrite core filter'? Looks like I'm gonna have to buy one of them things first, right?

I think its one of these

Last edited by Spatial; 30-07-2005, 17:54. Reason: me no spell too good

Comment

...I swear some N64 pads have them...

Comment

Sorry for the double post, managed to nab the required cable from a mate.

I'm quite excited about this actually. I have a crappy 14" TV (still living with the parents, in the bedroom etc), but have a 19" LG Flatron LCD 12ms monitor... this looks like a great temp. solution until I can get a decent LCD HDTV, given my DVD Player supports Component with Prog. Scan, my Cube has the Qoob mod with force 480p, and I can finally use the XBox HD stuff... not bad for 30 quid methinks, if it's as good as it sounds. Supports regular interlaced too, from the looks of it.
        Last edited by sj33; 30-07-2005, 22:18.

Comment

So that's what those things are - to avoid some kind of interference?

My Sony memory stick reader has one.

Comment

Yep, they're supposed to stop electrical interference

Comment

The VD-Z3 is great. Sorry, it doesn't support interlaced signals.
              Only annoyance is the ridiculously bright blue LED on the thing, (lights my room up) which reminds me....where is my big black marker?.....

Comment

I've just realised that this thing is probably going to look like ass on my LCD monitor. If so, I'll have to pick up a CRT... may as well get one that can do 1080 in that case!

Comment

i have a 19" lg too, looks the dogs danglies got my vdigi z3 saturday

enjoy
                  jason

Comment

Awesome. Puts my mind at rest.

Another question, I assume in order to use 1080i, I need a display that supports 1900x1080? I'm not quite sure how 1080i support works, being interlaced and all... wondered if it would need the same display as 540p...

EDIT - How well does it process a widescreen display? Does it keep the correct ratio, or stretch it to full screen? I don't think this monitor lets you manually change it.
                    Last edited by sj33; 31-07-2005, 16:51.

Comment

I have a 19" Sony monitor. Whenever I display 720p or 1080i (1920 x 1080), it stretches the image full screen, so the vertical has to be adjusted manually and squeezed down.

Comment

Working...
                      X