Firewall question, psp on OSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firewall question, psp on OSX

I`ve managed to get my psp connected to the internet through an original version airport card on an old iBook. The iBook is connected to the net through a usb modem. Everything runs fine untill I turn the OSX firewall on, when the psp can then no longer connect. I`ve got options for allowing Personal File Sharing, Windows Sharing, FTP access etc but none of these seem appropriate. If I have to allow certain ports how do I know which ones to open?

Any help appreciated

That sounds strange. There should be connection sharing options on the tab next to the firewall one.

Can I ask why you've got the OSX firewall on though? There really is no need to use it whatsoever. There's not a single virus for osx, and I believe all current exploits (very, very few) need physical access to the machine.

Comment

Wow, I didn`t know the firewall was unneeded, I`ll just turn it off then. Incidentley I had internet sharing turned on(the tab is there) for the airport card, but I still couldn`t get anything with the firewall on.
      I get the same thing with my chipped xbox(sharing the ibook ethernet), Live works fine but to use a browser or other internet app when the chip is turned on I need to have the firewall off.
      Last edited by Space Monkey; 30-07-2005, 19:59.

Comment

Working...
      X