Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken Japanese PS2 :( - can anyone please help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Japanese PS2 :( - can anyone please help?

Hello,

I was so looking forward to playing Killer 7 & DMC 3 that I got a little too excited and plugged the wrong power cable into my Japanese PS2 - I plugged the UK power cable in it instead.

I heard a loud crack, and then followed by something very little rattling around inside the machine. And then nothing. Dead as a doorknob.

Can anyone help me fix the machine? Or recommend someone (who is bloody good) at fixing it for me?

I don't suppose they could fit a mod chip at the same time as well, could they?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

You'll need a new PSU. They have fuses on them but from my experience of blowing up a Japanese PS2 that way, the fuse doesn't stop all the components behind it from getting fried anyway.

Comment

I don't suppose you know of anyone who could fix it though for me and perhaps fit a modchip at the same time?

Comment

I do. Place in the West End will do it.

Where are you?

Comment

I'm in Birkenhead, Wirral (Merseyside) but I'm more willing to send it out to a reputable repair-smith rather than trust any of the locals.

The machine (and this may sound a little strange) does hold some sentimental value because it was a gift from someone who passed away recently. Therefore I'm kind of protective of it.

Comment

Ill find out the prices for you if you like,and get thier details. I do know its around ?60 for the chip,fitted.

Comment

Working...
            X