My gameboy cart doesn't save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gameboy cart doesn't save

So there it is, I've got a copy of DK94 but it doesn't save. I assume the battery has finally died from not being played and charged up.

Does anyone know what type of batteries they use? I've got a couple of clear GB carts somewhere and I'm sure they use a 'watch' battery.

Has anyone replaced one of these before? I'm thinking of asking a jeweller to have a look.

cheers
    Me

Sorry, I thought you were talking about about a N64 cart. Gameboy carts use small watch batteries and can be replaced but it can be tricky to get them out. Get your soldering iron out.
    Last edited by moonwhistle; 03-08-2005, 13:39.

Comment

thought so, just gotta find an appropiate screwdriver to open it up and then it's off to see the jeweller. I don't trust myself not to screw it up. It's taken me long enough to find this one

Comment

I used to have this problem, but they were mainly with games bought off ebay (the kind sent gfrom China/Hong Kong). Make sure that isn't the case.

Comment

ive only had this with an nintondo cart, you could clear the saved game and everything, and it would go back to the state i got it in when turned off

Comment

Originally posted by themanwithapc
            I used to have this problem, but they were mainly with games bought off ebay (the kind sent gfrom China/Hong Kong). Make sure that isn't the case.
            Yep, GBA bootleg carts are a waste of space - the batteries will last you about two months if you're lucky. Are you certain it's an official cart?

Comment

It's a gameboy cart not a GBA cart. I'd be very surprised if it was a fake as the printing on the label is quality, it's got 'Nintendo' on the back with Pat Pending and the star shaped screw holding it together.

I haven't seen any fake GB carts before, I thought it was only GBA and even more so nowadays (can't see much of a market in bootleg GB games from eleven years ago!).

I know that Nintendo in the UK replace batteries in SNES carts as they did my Lttp cart for GBP2.00 (no pound sign on these aussie keyboards) but Nintendo Australia are an even smaller set up and simply wholesale with very little additional services.

Comment

Bootleg GB cartridges are quite easy to spot, the most notable difference is the ultra glossy sticker it has on the front with crap quality printing. The second is where the grip is so to speak, does it say "nintendo gameboy" in it? if not then it's a fakey.

Comment

Working...
                X